Climate Change is a global issue requiring local solutions and councils are at the forefront of developing these and working with their communities to implement them.
The Southern Tasmanian Councils Authority (STCA) climate program, the Regional Climate Change Initiative, (RCCI), is a collaboration by the 12 southern Tasmanian councils that supports action to create climate resilience and transition to a low carbon economy.
The RCCI works to build the capacity of Councils and communities to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and energy use, and respond to a changing climate and increasing climate hazards.
To find about more about us and our climate projects click the links below:
- Latest Climate News
- Climate Change in Southern Tasmania
- Our Projects
- Our changing coastline
- Southern Tasmanian Councils Climate Collaboration
- State-wide proposal for Tasmanian local government climate action
- Our changing climate – information for decision making
- Councils carbon and energy footprints
- Community (municipal-wide) carbon and energy footprints
- Home Energy Audit Toolkit
- Regional Council Climate Adaption Project
- Whatever The Weather
- Links to our Councils and climate action